Garden Organic, the UK’s leading organic growing charity, is dedicated to researching and promoting organic gardening, farming and food. Garden Organic’s purpose is to get as many people growing organically as possible. Our work is partly financed by our 20,000 members and numerous other funders and donors. Our headquarters is at Ryton Organic Gardens, 5 miles south-east of Coventry, although we support programmes all over the UK.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to help expand our loyal membership base. You will supervise and support the Membership Team, whose role is to:
1. Nurture and build relationships with existing members, providing an exceptional standard of customer care to improve member satisfaction, loyalty and engagement, and resolve any complaints that arise.
2. Proactively sell memberships, meeting agreed membership recruitment targets.
3. Raise overall member contribution levels through subscriptions, donations and Gift Aid.
1. To support in the implementation of a membership strategy to achieve set strategic and operational targets.
2. To supervise a proactive membership team which actively promotes membership, and markets Garden Organic’s products and services to a diverse range of clients.
3. To oversee the reporting process for membership, for use by other teams including the Finance Team and the Management Team, to support future planning and analysis of progress against targets.
4. To oversee the collection of membership fees and donations via Direct Debit, credit card or cheque and liaise with the Finance team to prepare daily and monthly reconciliation.
5. To oversee monthly membership renewal mailings
6. To meet agreed membership contribution targets through face to face and telephone activities focused on membership renewal, recruitment, Gift Aid declarations and donations.
7. Oversee members’ enquiries, ensuring service levels are met and any disputes are resolved to the satisfaction of the member and the charity.
8. To support in the development of new membership packages to attract new members and increase member value.
9. To support Garden Organic activities and events across the UK where needed.
10. To act as ambassador at public events outside of Ryton, promoting the charity and the benefits of membership.
11. To work with the Head of Membership, Marketing & Communications and the Fundraising Co-ordinator in the successful delivery of, and reporting on, the appeals going out to members.
12. To support with the development of the transactional and promotional areas of the Garden Organic website.
13. To support the Head of Membership, Marketing and Communications in securing reciprocal membership arrangements with partners for promoting membership.
14. To undertake day to day membership administration activities in support of the team.
15. To provide occasional cover for reception as and when required.
16. To deputise for the Head of Membership, Marketing and Communications as and when required and to undertake any other reasonable tasks as required.
It is the nature of work at Garden organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description and have to be undertaken. Garden Organic actively encourages employees to spend time volunteering with other departments within the charity.
Ryton Organic Gardens is a seven days a week operation. Some evening, weekend and bank holiday working will be required on a regular basis.
- A minimum of three years of experience of working in a similar customer service or membership role
- Experience of managing and using a customer relationship database
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience of compiling and analysing data, and producing reports
- Experience in direct sales, including telesales
- Experience of line management within a Team Leader or Supervisor role
- Experience of budget management
Knowledge and skills
- Computer literate – use of Microsoft Office, email, etc
- Ability to manage a busy work and prioritise accordingly
- Financially aware/numerate
- Knowledge of gardens and gardening
- Innovative and pro-active; a creative thinking and problem solver
- Flexible and positive approach to work
- Confident and willing to take on new challenges
- Supportive of Garden Organic’s principles and ethos
- Ability to lead, and work as part of, a team
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to make decisions and act on own initiative
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and handle changing priorities
- Ability to prioritise workloads and deal effectively with competing demands
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, adapted to the relevant audience
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 31 January 2016
For further details and to apply, please visit our website.