Ricardo-AEA is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our Air Quality & Environment practice has been providing independent and expert technical support on policy, strategy and on-the-ground implementation for nearly four decades, helping governments and businesses to protect the quality of the air we breathe.
Our clients welcome our ability to bring the most robust scientific evidence to bear, and the ability to present complex information to the public in ways that help them understand the risks to their health and impact on the environment is increasingly important. Today, we have evolved into a practice area with some 100 scientific, consulting and technical staff, and we are the UK’s largest group of air quality specialists, recognized globally for our reputation for quality and excellence. Our unique insights help both public and private sector organisations address their air and environmental quality challenges at a business, citywide, regional, national and international level.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Consultant to join our Modelling, Mapping & Assessments team, focusing specifically on delivery and work winning in the provision of specialist EIA services. Our Senior Consultants play a key role in developing business through new and existing clients, as well as managing the delivery of their own projects and contributing expertise to projects led by others.
The market for consultancy services in EIA continues to grow. At present, Ricardo-AEA provides highly-regarded specialist EIA services to both the private sector and public sector. These services are focused on our established areas of expertise, in particular:
* Air quality assessment
* Health risk assessment
* Odour assessment
As a business, we now additionally offer a wider range of specialist skills and expertise, in the following areas:
* Water quality
* Water efficiency/water use minimisation
* Contribute to delivery of EIA and planning work, either providing additional resource in our current areas of expertise, or providing new skills to open up new, complementary delivery areas.
* Contribute to winning and delivering EIA and planning work.
* Provide additional expertise to extend and improve our service offerings, and secure new work in this growing field.
* Work closely with our EIA/planning lead, as well as with senior EIA consultants within our Air Quality and Environment team.
* Contribute to the development of new business in this area, lead projects and bids and provide support to the development of colleagues.
Key competencies and experience:
As an experienced EIA professional you will have experience and expertise in the EIA and Planning arena along with a good appreciation of a wide range of impact assessments and the issues pertaining to EIA.
Your experience will include:
* Contributing to, influencing and managing large EIA teams.
* Strong consultancy skills with a network of relevant customers and contacts
* A degree in a subject relevant to your area(s) of expertise
* Competency in one or more technical areas relevant to EIA and planning (e.g. town & country planning, air quality, noise, water quality, water efficiency, hydrogeology, ecology or visual impact assessment)
* Registration as an EIA practitioner through IEMA or equivalent
* Good understanding and experience of the market for consultancy services in this area
* Proven experience in writing winning bids
* Project management / project delivery experience, including experience of overseeing the work of junior colleagues and subcontractors
* Strong delegation and coaching skills
* Strong customer focus, with experience of developing solutions to customer issues
* Strong IT skills
* Effective communication skills, both written and oral
* Well-developed presentation skills.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Flexibility, resilience and enthusiasm
Skills and behaviours:
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo-AEA.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo-AEA is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply Online at Ricardo-AEA website