Experience Required: 7 – 10 Years
Position Type: Full Time
|SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Opportunity for a self-starter who enjoys working independently and being part of a valuable team that is fast-paced and streamlined to address business growth, daily business operations, and environmental issues. Candidate will provide air quality compliance, permitting and technical support to Kinder Morgan’s natural gas business units, operations and engineering departments and prepare emission inventories and compliance reports. Position will be based in Houston, Texas.
*Complete various air permit and compliance submittals.
*Complete permit applications and obtain permits for new or modified facilities.
*Track and interpret air quality regulations and advise management on future potential and likely concerns and issues.
*Interact directly with federal, state, and local officials.
*Establish and maintain effective working relationships with operations, engineering and business development management and staff.
*Proactively plan, organize and oversee assigned work programs.
*Monitor schedules, budgets and evaluate the work of third party air contractors.
*Review and analyze results of emissions testing and environmental compliance inspections.
*Represent the company on industry committees pertaining to air quality.
*Participate in a weekly on call rotation to support Company’s emergency response and reporting requirements. The on call responsibilities are 24 hr. per day each day during each weekly rotation period.
*Travel is required; anticipated travel will be up to 20% time away from the office; motor vehicle and air travel anticipated.
*Deal with a wide variety of people and personalities with tact, courtesy and professionalism across multiple business units, including, but not limited to: other employees, all levels of management, vendors, agencies and customers.
*Write effectively, and understand verbal and written communications, including, but not limited to, e-mail.
*Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal and listening skills.
*Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of job performance.
*Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
*Carry a company-provided cell phone and respond during working hours and non-working hours as required.
*May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
*Position may be filled at Engineer or Sr. Engineer depending on skills and experience.
BS or BA in Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field.
1) Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience preparing and submitting emissions inventories, air permit applications and other environmental compliance requirements/documentation.
2) Professional Engineer certification a plus.
3) Demonstrated experience performing regulatory analysis including interpretation of agency rules, regulations, and guidance.
4) Working knowledge of the Clean Air Act, state air quality regulations, Title V compliance requirements, source emission calculations using EPA procedures, air pollution control technologies, and dispersion modelling.
5) Experience with Greenhouse Gas regulations.
7) Excellent written communication and oral communication skills, including experience providing training and interacting directly with federal, state, or local officials.
8) Proficient in using standard spreadsheet, word processing, and database software, including Microsoft Office suite.
9) Team player who is open to coaching others and being coached and has excellent follow-through.
10) Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details and follow work rules.
11) Must also be able to work autonomously as situation dictates.
12) Must be able to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict and sometimes simultaneous deadlines.
13) Ability to successfully perform the required and expected duties with minimal direct supervision.
14) Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
15) Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
16) Required to carry a company-provided cell phone, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
•Based in Houston, Texas office.
•Up to 20% travel is required and anticipated.
•Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets.
•The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
1) Record of successfully conducting regulatory analysis and developing cost effective implementation strategies for air quality matters at natural gas treatment, storage, and transmission facilities.
2) Experience implementing and/or using OpsInfo or other Environmental Management Information Systems.
3) Experience coordinating air compliance and management programs with operations personnel.
4) Working knowledge of Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi air quality rules, regulations and guidance.
5) Experience with BACT, MACT, NSPS, OOOO and NSR/PSD.
6) Experience with visible emission inspections and coordination of source testing by subcontractors.
7) Experience with environmental due diligence.
8) Experience with project and financial budget development, implementation, and performance tracking.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply online at Kinder Morgan website.